Well it's May long weekend (Monday May 21st.) Emma spent her second night at her Nana Susie's house because I am on call and Naomi was working till midnight. We have had a busy couple of months. In the pictures you will see Emma had a dance recital and Nana Shirley came down just for that. There were two shows and Ambrose stayed with us and was able to see both. We had a great weekend with him staying over for one night.(thank goodness Nana Shirley was there to comfort him in the middle of the night, he was calling out for nana)
I was also busy at our land, you can see I hired my excavator friend,Rob, to do more work. He made a new driveway that leads to a new location where we plan to build a small cabin. It is right in a patch of bush with some more "mature" trees. He also cleared all the trees and brush from the trails we had started in December with my friends Dean's dozer. Last week I went out to see how the trails were looking and I could see a large fire in the direction of my land. Once I was there I could see the water bombers flying back and forth overhead, getting water from the lake. I dragged my newly acquired 'spike drags", they worked awesome. They help level the dirt on the trails and also catch small tree roots
and pull them clear. Lots of work still but at least now there are nice
trails to four corners of the property, approximately 2-3miles of
trails now cleared. On my way home I picked up a set of old horse drawn disc harrows that I will be able to use in the open areas to break the ground for planting a crop.
Here is River at the "old" site where the outhouse and camper are still sitting. I hope to use the disc harrows here to work the land and hopefully plant something
Water bomber flying in the distance, quad with spike drag.
On mother's day weekend Emma helped me plant some beans and peas we got from our visit with Leo and while putting those in I decided to put in the entire garden. We also have corn,carrots, potatoes and cucumber.
Me and Leo at his place. Emma took the picture.
Here is a link to more photos click here








No comments:
Post a Comment